2008년 4월 8일 화요일

Entry #4 Blog #2



“The moon had risen, and the yard was bathed in white light. I had forgotten to oil the shed doors, and gave them a curse for every creak. The rest came in procession toward me. The Brents and Joyce were familiar enough with the place not to need a guiding hand. Behind them followed Josella and Susan, carrying the children. David’s sleepy voice rose once, and was stopped quickly by Josella’s hand over his mouth. She got into the front, still holding him. I saw the others into the back, and closed it.
Then I climbed into the driving seat, kissed Josella, and took a deep breath.”

I think this is the climax for “The Day of the Triffids” because this is the turning point when Bill chooses to give himself to the government people or to let them die by the triffids. This is a very important moment for Bill because he could have lived a life in a safe area while feeding countless blind people without his beautiful daughter, but with people who desire power, or could have lived a life quietly with all of his family and friends and slowly grow the population. He doesn’t understand why people want strength in a time when triffids fill up most of the Earth and when there aren’t many people that can fight. Bill didn’t pursue power, but pursued the safety and happiness of his family and friends. I felt very relieved and impressed after he let the triffids kill the people from the government. I thought his plan to let the people from the government get drunk and then leave was a very good idea. He is very strategic, and knows all his current weaknesses and strengths and use them to his full potential. This is one of the big events that I looked at Bill as a hero and I respect him and honor him. I think all the events that led Bill and Josella throughout the whole book are awesome because after all the hard work and reflecting on their mistakes, they finally meet and make a whole new family with hopes in the air. I was inspired by his decision and all his efforts to make a better world and make his wife happy.

0 개의 댓글: