2008년 3월 4일 화요일

Entry #4


When Montag and other firemen are called to the fire station to burn another house, he finds out that they were called to burn his house. He realizes that Mildred, Montag’s wife, betrayed him and told Beatty about Montag’s attempt. Montag steps in front of Beatty and kills him because he thinks that Beatty must be killed in order to save Montag himself and the society from decaying. Then, people and the Mechanical Hound begin to chase him and it gets pretty intense. I think this part of Fahrenheit 451 is the climax. I think this part is the most important moment for Montag because he can’t go back in time and change what just happened. He takes a step forward and keeps on walking the road he was going. This step was probably the hardest step because he actually sacrifices a person in order to keep going on. Maybe he didn’t want to, but Beatty was pleading to kill him indirectly. I think Beatty was shameful of himself that there are people who try their best to alter the path the society was rushing into: destruction, chaos. I think these events in the book make me think about the real world and how it is activating. In my opinion, if the world keeps going on like this, although it will be slower than in the book, the world would be brought to corruption. But there are many talented people who have much knowledge than me, so I believe that they will keep on reaching for their goals and pass it on to the next generation. We are in a better situation than in Fahrenheit 451, and I see many rays of hope still streaking across the sky.

0 개의 댓글: