2008년 3월 5일 수요일

Entry #6




The passage that I thought was most moving and had an impact on me was in page 68 of Fahrenheit 451, "It is computed that eleven thousand persons have at several times suffered death rather than submit to break their eggs at the smaller end." I couldn’t understand this passage at all until Mrs. Lavender helped me and after looking back at the theme, I realized what it meant. Lots and lots of people gave up their hope and heart to others and live at their command rather than to resist and fight for what they think is right and there are only few people who actually fight back.
I found a character rather than a setting that I thought was beautiful. I thought Clarisse would have been like an angel if she were a real person. Her thoughts about the society were really mature and I loved her curiosity. She wanted to learn so much about everything, but couldn’t achieve that goal because of the surroundings. If she was able to read books, I bet she would have been another wonderful person to fight against the society. The setting of Fahrenheit 451 was very disturbing to me. How could a person watch the television and listen to the radio while taking pills and say life is fun? I wonder how the television brain washed her. I mean, how can people act like that? Human are different from animals because of their high IQ and knowledge. But that kind of behavior from a human being, does that make sense? That’s not human, that’s a robot! Also, Montag believed in her to keep his attempt to bring knowledge back to the society a secret, but she betrayed him and told Beatty. I was really disappointed in her. The part when Montag burned Beatty and took off, it’s still in my head vividly. I found that part to be very memorable because of the very descriptive language, and what Montag actually did. Stepping the hardest step, I was really inspired by Montag. I feel like he is one of my heroes now.

0 개의 댓글: